Monday, April 6, 2009

Cherry Blossom 10-miler: check

I did the 10-miler yesterday! woop woop! I was pretty nervous about it because I didn't feel great about my training, but I managed to slog through it and I'm really pleased with my time! I finished in 1:45:52, which means I averaged about 10.5-min miles through the whole thing. Many miles were more like 11-mins or more, but the final 2 I was able to speed up a little bit, with the final quarter mile Much faster than the rest of the race. I like to keep some reserves for the sprint to the finish. So that's out of the way...

...now for the marathon!! Eeeep! Amber, Eliz and I have officially registered for the 2009 Marine Corps Marathon. I am PSYCHED. and terrified. But while I was running the cherry blossom race yesterday, I felt pretty good about my chances for the marathon. It wasn't easy, but just considering how I felt around 3/4 of the way through 10 miles, I felt good about my chances for the marathon as long as I train well enough. And with Amber & Eliz to train with, we should be able to do a good job!

But I keep forgetting this blog was originally intended to track my progress on the Biggest Loser thing.. I keep forgetting to weigh myself on Sunday mornings, but I think I'm doing ok. The last couple weeks I've been thrown off by traveling and preparing for the race, but now I can focus more on this competition, and also building up my mileage to get ready for official marathon training, which we'll be starting at the end of June.

My goal this week is to not go crazy with carbs. Friday and Saturday I was sort of carbo-loading in preparation for the 10-miler, but I think I overdid it a little. And then Sunday I think I ate more than I needed to but I wanted to make sure I wasn't eating Too little. It's tough figuring out how much I should be eating while I'm training. I want to lose fat but I don't want to go into starvation mode and actually slow down my metabolism..

No comments:

Post a Comment