Wednesday, March 18, 2009

wooops update

It's been so long since I posted here, I forgot which font I was using.. I think this is the one.

Anyway, I've been a lot better about working out lately - I kinda have to be, my 10-miler is coming up in umm less than 3 weeks now, and one of those weekends I'll be in Portland, OR, so I probably won't get to run that weekend.

I haven't been to the gym yet, but I have been getting better about getting up in the morning to run before work. I don't do it every day, but I do it Almost every day when I've decided the night before that I would do it. There are days I turn off the alarm and go back to sleep, and most days when I actually get up, I'm running late so I don't get as long of a run in as I should, but it's still progress. It'll get a lot easier when it's not black as night out there at 6am.

Good news - I ran in the St Patricks Day 8K in D.C. on Sunday, and improved my time by almost 2.5 minutes, from last year! Last year I finished in 51:32, this year I finished in 49:07. So that's something to write home about. My goal for next time is 45 minutes.

OH and another announcement, I think I must be absolutely insane, but I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to register for the 2009 Marine Corps Marathon. :-o I'm terrified, but So Pumped at the same time. Amber suggested it and we're both pretty sure we're going to register - maybe Eliz too! Registration opens April 1, so we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment