Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The 10:30am and 2:30pm Doldrums

I don't really remember what the doldrums are. Aren't they those regions of the globe, when you're out at sea there it's like time stands still and you're just miserable? I don't know. BUT. 10:30am and 2:30pm are the worst ever times of day. Well, on a weekend, 10:30am could mean brunch, and that's fine. At work, it means I'm HUNGRAY and/or bored and just want to eat to pass the time.

Right now, it's 10:26, and my stomach is growwwling. I'm trying to gulp water to get through this, because I had a thing of string cheese like an hour ago and I don't think I should need another snack yet. I should definitely go to the store today and get a bag of apples or some other kind of fruit, maybe some carrots.

I'm considering just biting the bullet and signing up for that kickboxing cardio class in Courthouse. I've been putting it off because it's $175 for like 10 sessions, and I'm already paying $50/month for Bally and I don't go to that. Maybe I should just try to get to Bally more often. I guess I could pack my gym bag every day and try to stop there on my way home. It's just unbelievably annoying to lug that bag back and forth on the metro every day. I used to do it more often when I worked at IEDC.

update: it's 11am now and I definitely caved and ate another string cheese. Better the cheese than the hershey hugs in my office!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! That's why I have started keeping nuts, fruit, yogurt, and veggie sticks (carrots/celery) around in my office. I've been trying to keep my main meals smaller and eat a light snack every 2-3 hours. If I don't have healthy stuff lying around I'll eat anything out of desperation!

    ReplyDelete