Wednesday, February 11, 2009

good workout!

OK it probably wasn't long enough.. but given the fact I was about to not work out at all, it went well.

When I got home, I went to get ready to go for a run and I realized I had no clean sports bras. So I improvised and put on a regular bra and then a tank top with a shelf bra in it, figured that would be enough. Anyway by the time I was all dressed, it was rill dark out already.. and I just couldn't get excited about running in the dark, especially alone and without reflective gear. So I dug the barbell out of the closet! At first I just sort of grappled with it, seemed to weigh a ton so I thought I'd pull off some of the weights on the ends and use them as hand weights. But apparently I'm not smart enough for whatever mechanism is holding those things on because I just couldn't figure it out. So I hauled the whole thing out into the middle of the room and clumsily did some lifting with it. Too much for me to do bench presses with, so I did some kind of squat lifts but they seemed awkward and bad for my back so then I did some push-ups.

Finally realized this would be easier with music, and then the real workout began! I had 2 weights of 2.5 lbs each that were loose from the barbell so I used them to at least get a Little resistance, and started dancing around to the music, worked in some of my kickboxing exercises, did some balance exercises I learned from Fred, and overall had a pretty good 25 or 30 minute workout! I was definitely breathing hard and sweating by the end of it, and I think it ended up being good for my arms. They're so weak!

Anyway I'm pleased. Now to try to find something healthier to eat than that Yummy stroganoff...

No comments:

Post a Comment