Friday, February 13, 2009

well it's a holiday weekend...

Just realized I forgot to post anything yesterday.. well it's alright, nothing happened! I didn't run, I didn't work out.. during the day I think I was pretty good about what I ate.. OH right, I had a frozen meal, shrimp alfredo... sounds much worse than it was actually. It was about 250 calories and it was pretty balanced, bad thing was the 1230mg of sodium.. yikes! other than that, good day food wise. For dinner we made a spaghetti sauce with turkey burger meat, mushrooms, spinach and onions, and then had it over whole wheat shells. Had a glass or two of red wine but not the whole bottle! so that's an improvement. ;)

Today, I've been OK. I took the day off so I should have plenty of time to go out for a run, but I've actually been pretty busy! Should have gone for a run first thing I guess. Anyway around 9:30 I walked down to the store and back, so that's about 2 miles. Had a nice healthy lunch of turkey/swiss/lettuce/tomato/avocado/cucumber on whole wheat bread, strawberries on the side. Oh but then I had umm probably 2 servings of Pirates Booty, so that's another 300 calories I probably didn't neeeeed...

Tonight I'm going to try not to overdo it on the wine/sparkling wine, I think we're just staying in but we might walk out to a movie or something. Tomorrow is going to be the big challenge.. Who thinks I'll get a run in before brunch? HAHAHAH well we'll see.

And then Sunday, I'm weighing in again. I can't imagine I'm going to see a lot of improvement. I don't think I'll have gained any weight, but this was a pretty pathetic week in terms of effort. I'm hoping as the weather gets warmer, and the sun stays up longer, I'll get better about going out for a run in the evenings..

1 comment:

  1. You probably already know this, but if you have something that's higher in sodium than you like (the salty Alfredo, for instance), you can just ramp up the water consumption that day, and it will help to flush out the extra sodium. And yes, you will have to pee...sorry. :P

    ReplyDelete