Friday, February 6, 2009

...Is Worth Doing For Money

The title of this blog comes from this key chain my mom used to have that said "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money" and on the other side was a picture of George Washington. I don't really intend to get into what my price might be, but I know one thing I would do for money - compete in a weight loss competition. Yes, we're going for it, we're doing the Biggest Loser thing, and I think it's going to be fun. And I'm gonna blog about it. Maybe after this 12 weeks is up I'll find a new thing worth doing for money.

Official kick-off is this Sunday, February 8. Haven't decided yet whether I should go on a binge till then, get my number up, or start getting used to the idea of working out more and thinking about what I eat... By "binge" I don't really mean binge, I just mean eat what I want, how I've been eating all winter, or start cutting back now. Definitely going to make one last trip to Chicken on the Run, probably should cut that out of my life for the next 12 weeks. Whimper. Also next weekend is Valentine's Day brunch, am I really going to forgo the amazing looking waffles at Belga Cafe? No, I don't think so. I'll just have to run like 6 miles that morning.

PS I'm also training right now for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler coming up in April. Ok haha, not "training" in the truest sense of the word, but definitely Thinking about it. I'm hoping this biggest loser thing will motivate me to get those miles in. Last Sunday I ran for the first time since Thanksgiving, barely made it 3 miles.

So, on Sunday, I'm going to weigh in, take some measurements, and set some goals. And we'll see how this works.


No comments:

Post a Comment