Wednesday, February 11, 2009

epic fail

Yesterday was basically epic fail, in terms of diet and exercise. I had sort of planned to drag out my pilates mat and do some push-ups, sit-ups, and maybe some other miscellaneous mat work, buuut zp and I went to Whole Foods after work for some groceries, and then we made beef stroganoff. Probably my first clue should have been the 4oz (a whole stick) of butter called for in the recipe. I did cut it down to 2oz, but still I felt like I was definitely not doing my best to eat healthy fud. Sooo I'm going to try to eat lots of beans and veggies tonight, not so much butter and red meat.

Also I'm going to run this eve. I'm thinking of doing my 4-mile loop - if I really can't do the full 4 miles, I can just walk, no big deal. But I should probably try to push myself, I really need to work up my mileage or I'm never going to be ready for the Cherry Blossoms.

FitnessCoach.com reminded me today that I need to vary my workouts. I sort of laughed and said to myself, How about working out at all?? That would be some variation. But honestly. I can't just work in a few 3 or 4-mile runs a few days a week and expect anything major to happen.

One thing I've been getting better at is drinking more water. And dang I'm having to pee a lot more and I don't like it!

2 comments:

  1. running 3-4 miles a few days a week should cause some stuff to happen in my book..? How far do you need to run to expect something to happen then??!! I'm running 2 -2.5 miles 2-3 times a week, alternating with some weights and so far I'm feeling pretty awesome about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah you're right, it does definitely help! I'm still not even up to running 3 - 4 times a week so what do I know? I think when you go from doing nothing to working out, just running a few times a week is a good thing. But after a while your body gets used to the same workout over and over again and it stops being as effective, so that's why cross-training is important.

    ReplyDelete